TO WHICH COUNTRIES DOES CAH EXPORT?
CAH currently exports crafts to Canada and the United States and some independent Fair Trade stores in France. You can find our products on the websites of the organizations we work with:
SERRV International, USA: www.serrv.org
Ten Thousand Villages, USA: www.tenthousandvillages.com
Ten Thousand Villages, Canada: www.tenthousandvillages.ca
WHAT ARE CAH’S ORDER TERMS AND PROCESSES?
- Minimum Orders – The minimum FOB order is US$1,000. The minimum quantity per item ordered is 24.
- Payment Terms – FOB orders require a 50% deposit as advance upon receipt of pro-forma invoice. Balance is to be paid upon receipt of shipping documents.
- Prices – All prices stated are FOB Port-au-Prince, Haiti in US dollars and are subject to change without prior notice. Prices in place at time of order are guaranteed for 90 days.
- Packing – Standard packing is included in FOB price. Any custom packing required by buyer must be requested at the time the order is placed and will require additional charges.
- Ship Dates – Unless otherwise stated, all orders will be shipped within 90 days of receipt of deposit. To insure that desired delivery dates are met, please see that the 50% deposit accompanies the purchase order. Please note that custom tagging and packaging will extend shipping dates.
- Sample Policy – The cost of samples and courier fees will be charged to the buyer.
DOES CAH HAVE A SHOP IN HAITI?
If you are visiting Haiti, please stop by our shop in Port-au-Prince where you will find a huge diversity of Haitian crafts at affordable prices. Our store and offices are located at: 29 Rue 3 Pacot Port-au-Prince, Haiti Phones : 509) 22.214.171.124 or 509) 126.96.36.199. You can email us at Fdacah80@yahoo.com or Comiteartisanalhaitien@gmail.
Our store hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm; Saturday, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
WHAT SHIPPING ALTERNATIVES ARE THERE FOR SENDING/RECEIVING PRODUCTS FROM CAH?
For wholesale buyers (minimum order of $1,000) orders can be shipped by air freight or sea freight from Port-au-Prince depending on buyer’s preference. The buyer is responsible for paying the freight cost from Port or Airport of loading to the buyer’s Port of Destination.
WHAT KIND OF MATERIALS DO YOU USE TO WRAP THE PRODUCTS?
To ensure the arrival of wholesale orders in good condition, each item is wrapped individually in a plastic bag or in paper and packed with similar items in a box or parcel. Shredded paper is added to the master carton, when needed, for additional cushioning. Please note that we cannot separately package each item in an individual box. If you would like the products packaged individually or using special packaging materials or special labels attached, we can often accommodate these special needs with an additional cost charged for special packaging, labeling and packing.
HOW MUCH IS IT FOR A MINIMUM ORDER AND THE TERM OF ORDER?
We request a minimum order of $1,000. The minimum quantity per item ordered is 24.
HOW MANY PEOPLE BENEFIT FROM THE WORK OF CAH?
We work with more than 200 artisans; with a minimum of five people in an average Haitian household, that means that 1000 people benefit indirectly from these services. Seasonal helpers and apprentices result in an additional 800 people whose lives are improved by CAH.
HOW DOES CAH SELECT THE ARTISTS IT SUPPORTS?
Artisans are usually referred to CAH by other artisans or members. Artisans coming to CAH for the first time must fill out a form to provide more details about themselves or their group. Criteria for membership include the creativity and workmanship of the products they produce and strong references. We strive to foster creativity and originality from artisans. We also encourage the use of raw materials available locally that do not add to the prevalent environmental degradation in Haiti. In strengthening artisan development, CAH champions values of experience, reliability, fairness, and transparency.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE ARTISANS WHO WORK WITH CAH?
Read more about the artisans we work with and their crafts traditions on our About CAH Artisans page.